Senior Software Engineer (Java Developer)
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development
- Strong Core Java Fundamentals
- Must have knowledge of Spring Boot
- Good aptitude, strong problem-solving abilities, and analytical skills, ability to take ownership as appropriate
- Extensive knowledge in RESTful Services Development using Spring REST
- Knowledge of Spring JPA/Data is required
- Working knowledge in Multi-Threading Environment is plus
- Good Cloud Experience (AWS preferred)
- Hands-on Experience in ECS/EKS is plus
- Ability to Troubleshoot and Tune Backend Applications
- Should be able to do coding, debugging, performance tuning, and deploying the apps to Prod.
- Experience working in Agile Methodology
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Knowledgeable (and preferred hands-on) – UNIX environments, different continuous integration tools.
- Knows agile development best practices and has scrum exposure
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Fast learner, ability to perform well in ambiguity and with little supervision
- Strong problem-solving abilities
Nice To Have
- General knowledge of Java, SQL, backend web development
- Understanding of latest technologies / Trends in UI development (Bower, Grunt, Gulp, RequireJS, etc.); productivity hacks
- Open-source contribution
- Understanding of Frontend Unit Testing frameworks such as Jasmine, Zest, etc.
Role & Responsibilities
- Take complete responsibility for the sprint stories’ execution
- Be accountable for the delivery of the tasks in the defined timelines with good quality.
- Follow the processes for project execution and delivery.
- Follow agile methodology
- Be a part of smooth project delivery and take ownership of deliverables
- Understand/define the architecture and discuss the pros-cons of the same with the team
- Involvement in the brainstorming sessions and suggest improvements in the architecture/design.
- Work with other team leads to get the architecture/design reviewed.
- Work with the clients and counterparts (in the US) of the project.
- Keep all the stakeholders updated about the project/task status/risks/issues if there are any.
Prama is US based Company with a specialization in Data Engineering, Data Science, Application Engineering, and Cloud Solutions. We are currently hiring talented engineers in India to work for our Enterprise Clients building their complex Internet Scale Web 2.0 Applications. Our team of engineers in the US works with the India team to provide robust, quality, and scalable solutions. Let’s build a better future with Prama.